Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Time!

So, I'm going to try really hard to write this quickly - not my normal stress-over-every-word type stuff.

These last couple weeks have been quite the adventure. First off, let me tell you, I have certainly learned my lesson about starting new clients on some sort of pre-payment system. Maybe I should have new clients put down a deposit? A couple hundred dollars as a security deposit that rolls into the first invoice - doesn't sound unreasonable right? Of course not. I should start doing that.

We are in the middle of a handful of lots of very different projects. A logo for a Video/Television Producer. A logo for a real estate broker. A package design for an engine oil dip stick. A new restaurant menu & website. Another new restaurant website. A plastics engineering & manufacturing company's website. A quarterly newsletter for Keller Williams International. One-sheets & social networking for our favorite art dealer & broker. An ad for Equality Texas. A PR microsite for Outside Magazine Television. An event poster for a father's day party for Austin Music Foundation. An invitation for an exclusive happy hour at Maria Maria. This is all stuff on my list for THIS WEEK. OMG. I won't even mention all the stuff that's in the works.

Brennan & I had a little video chat with Eleanor yesterday. I really do miss her. She was talking about how her exclusive NYC internship is only kind of awesome & she's not as in love with the city as she thought she would be. The trains, though, she likes. In a weird way, the subway is always my favorite part of New York, too. The A train into Manhattan, the Garden State soundtrack & trying to figure out how to get to the Met. LOVE. I'm going to fly up there in August, I think. The thoughts of seeing Chappy, Lauren, Jean, Meredith and Eleanor constantly tug at me to buy a plane ticket.

Anyway, since I've got to come in on Sunday to get caught up & for a new client meeting, I'm going home. Weekend. YAY.

Next time it's Brennan's turn to post for us.

Smoochies,
erin

No comments:

Post a Comment